Getting ready for a summer vacation or your next business trip?
Want to be better prepared, yet not pack the kitchen sink?
When we pack too much we cause ourselves trouble and pain. Our
bags are too heavy, making them a burden to handle. Our cars are
loaded from the trunk to the backseat to the overhead rack. Instead
of leaving the clutter behind, we drag it along, clogging up the
road to a carefree vacation. Read on for less is more packing
- Check the weather at your destination, using the Internet
or calling ahead. If you know it’s hot, no need for bulky
jackets or heavy jeans.
- Color coordinate your clothes around a few basic colors.
For example, bring shirts that can be worn with more than one
color of shorts or pants.
- If laundry facilities are convenient, pack less by planning
to wash clothes during the trip.
- Shoes are made for walking. Wear one pair of shoes, pack
a second, and make sure they are comfortable.
- Pack tiny toiletries. Go ahead and pack your favorite shampoo,
but get a travel size or fill a smaller bottle. Keep your toiletry
bag stocked and ready to go for the next trip.
- Use the self-sufficient rule: You pack it, you carry it.
- USE A PACKING LIST! Click the link below for a packing list
that you can customize to your needs: http://www.marylynnemurray.com/tourist.htm